Thursday, February 23, 2012

Anticipating Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close!

02.23.2012 – Finally! Another movie to watch and my Academy Award bet is “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” which stars Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock and featuring Thomas Horn as the young Oskar Schell. There’s another talented individual in this film which is Max von Sydow a nominee for the Academy Award for a supporting role.

I have seen the movie trailer many times and had read the press materials that made me curious about this film. So far the Academy Award caliber films I’ve seen so far are J. Edgar and The Descendants which made me look forward to Extremely Loud. There’s something about this film that I can’t ignore among the previous films I’ve seen.

I’m not a hardcore film buff and previously I just watch the film I get to see in advance until I’ve watch the serious ones. I would say in my own perspective I have come to respect some movies I took for granted in seeing in the past.


For Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close what I see in this film is not the focus on the main stars but the secondary tiers. Thomas Horn and Max von Sydow is the one we should take a look closer with their performance for this movie. Von Sydow is getting another Academy Award nomination for a supporting role (his first was in the film “Lassefar in Pelle the Conqueror”) in his performance for his unique character which I’m not going to spill out.



The premise is set during and after 9/11 which Oskar calls “The Worst Day” in which the story unfolds from inside the young mind of our young adventurer. Oskar Schell is an eleven year old New Yorker whose discovery of a key in his deceased father’s belongings sets him off on an urgent search across the city for the lock it will open. He is determined to keep his vital connection to the man who playfully cajoled him into confronting his wildest fears. Now, as Oskar crosses the five New York Burroughs looking for the missing lock - along the way he meets an eclectic assortment of people who are each survivors in their own way. He begins to uncover unseen links to the father he misses.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close opens across the country on February 29, 2012 from Warner Bros. Pictures Philippines! Special thanks to 99.5RT’s Cleo & Marf of the Disenchanted Kingdom for hooking up with the tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment