Monday, August 6, 2018

Sunday Market | Grayish Weekend Sale

08.06.2018 – Every first Sunday Mornings in South Australia is something to look forward to with Sunday Market, a once-a-month offering seeing random sellers from fresh foodies to antique and random things you don’t often see in retail. It has become sort of a ritual to most that would go out in the field despite the weather it brings.

Personally, it’s a welcoming sight to see yard sales and random old things that you don’t normally see everyday. There are some eye catching things that are pretty much impressive to look at.

You don’t see this in an Asian country like the Philippines or any non-Western region to have such interesting things to see.


It was gloomy morning as the weather forecast for the week wasn’t good news enough it was still cold. The winter season continues in August but it was bearably incomparable to last year. Rarely would I be around in the morning for these Sunday Market’s as mostly spend mornings somewhere else?







The Marion Oval is the usual venue, but when there are only a small number of sellers they move to the other part of the area. But it is back to the usual place and the crowd is huge despite the grey clouds looming in South Australia.

Weather tracking says it will be all week rain, but the cold was getting used to be a challenge for those who have grown up to a tropical weather. I’ve been getting used to managing the cold lately and it was chilly as I’ve expect to walk around the area as I’ve been on a quick browse through since I have other places to go today.















Miniature Figurines and Other Things

Surprisingly I came across miniature figurines for 1:64 scale or smaller diecast cars. I’ve seen them being used by some Toy Photographers as their signature character although faceless and nameless they capture expressions for their micro size. I find them interesting but the price wasn’t as enticing for me to get a set.

German-made as the names of the product and country’s flag can be seen in the product they are definitely an interesting use for toy photography. These are not even for kids as most used for dioramas there are adult-related material in there. Naked figurine sets caught the interest that you won’t see it in the Philippines.

There are an abundance of them in this Sunday Market that I’ll probably never see on the next one. But it is worth noting there’s someone out there or even a company that produces this type of miniature out there.











Meta Works, Sculptures, and Alkaline Water

The common sight at this Sunday Market is the metal works and sculptures. They are handmade and ingenuously well done. If I had my own place I would probably get one from this bloke. It is one of those works of art that are only made once and if you own it then you got the original art installation.

There are also those who try to sell their original work or sort of invention too. Here’s H2O Water Alkaline, but I’m not really sure if it is their product or they just had licensed the product that they are selling. Basically, those water containers for Alkaline Water that is in the nutshell. They’ve been trying to market these products for start it here at Sunday Market. It is interesting to find out what was this all about but the time was running so fast I had to leave immediately for other appointments.











Random Things at the Market

Got to admit the randomness of Marion Sunday Market is nothing like back in Manila. Nobody would let go of their antique or collectible for a reasonable price. While here in South Australia or the whole Australia there’s someone out there willing to let go of their things because they just want to clear space.

I imagine this in Manila and won’t believe it would be in the same situation as most Filipinos are materialistic. They won’t let go of their material gain if they do it will be more than the cot itself. Just imagine how different the mindset of the people there than here in South Australia and often I see why they have the nicest people around.

Each time I visit the Marion Sunday Market it gives me a great perspective or the type of people in this place. They tell stories and have been polite everywhere you turn. There are a few Filipinos here and there either passing by or just happens to visit this place in a long time. It is indeed a diverse and cultural place where you see heritage from the antiques and there are collectibles too.







Before heading out I went back to the miniature seller one last look at the diorama figurines. I never this interesting in a piece that catches my attention although I never had the chance to buy it I have to get a photo of it just for posterity if I don’t see it again or even had the chance to see one again.

So I head out running and checking my app for the next bus heading to the city. I have a long day to get things in order to ever go to the places I needed to be. It was great seeing another Marion Sunday Market and hopefully there’s still one in each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment