Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Aussie Community | Life After SBLUG Meetings

08.07.2018 – LEGO communities in Australia mostly in regional state in South Australia is very different from those based in the big cities.

It also different in Southeast Asia since I’ve never been part of any group aside from being in the Philippines is something of a privileged at the same time humbled.

In the past couple years being part of SBLUG (Southern LEGO Users Group) feels like in a family rather than just another toy group. You can’t compare it to another or being part of in another country. You can’t define it but they made the experience more welcoming just being present and treating you like you’re part of it.


Last Sunday was something different not the usual meeting. I rarely attend the monthly meetings as participating more on the Brickstameet because of Toy Photography. It’s not like the monthly meetings you need to be there, but the Brickstammet was a rare gathering which is every three months. The last one in July was the day I truly missed it, since that event was also where AVCon and Hybrid Adelaide World happened.

It was Saturday where everything has stopped for me personally what my life would be for the next few weeks. There are only a few people who, I’ve became friends with in the community got the news and with that this day at SBLUG was really special.















In the next few weeks, months, and might be a year for now I’ll be still thinking about that day how things went too quick. I’ve never been appreciated so much by these people some I never got to know personally. But they were there not only to meet with fellow LUGs they surprised me at that moment. I’ll be forever in debt for their kindness and just being authentic and polite people not just being Australian.

This might be the tailend of a long winter, but the warmness of each and every one was there. I’m just going to miss A LOT of that I’ll probably not go to feel in any other community. I don’t need to mention names but they know who they are and they will always be an extension of MY FAMILY. When everything was done the rest left for where they are headed I just felt the heavy-ness of that surprise. I don’t talk much of these things, but you have to know what it feels like to be in a community and this is that kind of feeling.





I’ll probably never get over this knowing I’m going to miss everyone who I’ve been hanging out for the past months with personal struggles and the usual pressures of trying to make it here. The gratitude will never be forgotten to my fellow Bricksta-meeters and the entire SBLUG family this little token will be my badge moving forward and will wear it proudly even though the shirt is bigger.

Moving forward I’m an SBLUG. Represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment