Monday, June 7, 2010

The Collective: Wayne Penthouse Live!

06.07.2010 - Sunday night was was just about fine. I was able to manage in getting myself lost again by going to visit a friend's place, which I have no intention of losing my way of since it's just within the residential side of the Makati CBD (Central Business District).

Getting to Kitaro to meet with a couple of fellas was the original idea, which took me longer to find out with so many complexities about what the actual plan went out of the window. Because everything was unplanned and there was no inkling of what really is what we're doing until we got to the designated place.

Jump to the post...


Anyways, getting there at late night it is quite almost not possible to get lost when you're just a few minutes away, and getting myself confused about which name of the street it was until I finally found it and got there. Earlier that day, I just saw Shrek Forever After with the nephews on 3D and got to doze off inside the cinema for the first time. It must be the body clock after being used to working a random changing night shift back in March.

A friend kept buzzing messaging through Yahoo Messenger, and sending text messages to answer all the replies and get up. Well, to the tune of Katy Perry's "California Girls" was enough earworm that I almost lost my composure. I was trying to figure out going to his place there, but I sure want to get the Snoop Dogg-less song out of my head, which was played on the radio earlier today. But it won't be a cool song without that rap included in there. Not to forget how the music video works with that ensemble.



Going back to meeting up a couple of fellas to just hang out in one place was the story here. It's actually my second time at the "Wayne Penthouse", which is what the other friend is calling his man cave and this time I didn't doze off to my embarrassment.

This time around, I managed to take a couple of photos to show you how he lives in his room. The dig is like inside not a "Bat cave" as described in the chatter with only a bright white wall where all the memorabilia were hung for prosperity. You could say it's a decent room for someone who is truly passionate about being a nerd, which takes your stress away. With all those toys on that shelf, and gaming units on his table with that set up who would love to live in this kind of environment?



Actually, we were there to tape the second episode of the podcast we're working on, which was quite a random idea for the past weeks now without even putting together an outline script and just recording away as we pleased. The first episode was aired a week ago, and this time I join these fine couple of dudes as we make our own niche in online podcasting.

After the taping all three of us slug it off to a Street Fighter game, while I read the first issues of Secret Avengers, Avengers Prime, and the second issue of Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne from his ever-growing pull list of favorites. We end the night by leaving his place at 11:30 PM, and accompanying the nice guy with the glasses to the nearest bus stop since Quezon City is not that close.

As for me, I headed back with my Sunday newspaper, although it was already past midnight, technically it was Monday by then and finished catching up on some of the blog posts.

I'll keep you posted on the second episode of that podcast we're putting together this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment