Friday, August 10, 2018

TAFE Auto Days | Inside Collin's Parts Room

08.10.2018 - It has been almost two years in this technical school and the enthusiasm is still there as an aspiring mechanic in the automotive industry. These days it just going to be something different seeing some fellow apprentice checking the engine and doing tests seems to become the norm around for most of us.

Sneaking in the tools and parts room was going to be the last one, where Collin the resident instructor and parts proprietor is the one managing it wasn’t around. Friday’s another cool breeze of Aussie winter will soon be over soon since September looms largely the change of the season, but today’s a good day to just observe and appreciate what TAFE Regency has given me not to forget this place.


Late in the afternoon going to TAFE Regency on a Friday was quite a challenge as there’s not much bus going this route at this time. It was a busy day personally going around Adelaide and if it was more of a tropical weather sweating it gloriously.

It was not exciting either with time trying to take the bus passed King William Street when the entire crowd has been at the same stops where I plan to take the bus. I walked passed Elder Park, a sprawling greenery within the city with an open area is not gonna be the same in my mind as Parks in Makati City is just a miniscule of this place with an actual lake.

Anyways, there I was walking passed this place to the next bus stop was not a walk in the park literally speaking. But I manage to get on the bus and off I was to Regency Park, which are 20 to 30 minutes away hoping to catch my fellow mates at the shop.









Past 5 PM I got to Regency Park crossing the street in a dash to the workshop finfing my lecturer with three of my classmates trying to find a problem fault on Jackie’s car, which turned out to be bought by one of the guys.

There was silence in the workshop but only the sound of tools and a little bit of chatter trying to find that fault. A few minutes after they fixed the minor problems the tools needed to be brought to the parts room. I don’t see Collin hoping to have one last chat with the man whose passion rooting for Port Adelaide Power is second to none. Sneaking up inside just looking at the wall-to-wall tools and car parts was something going to be rare now minus Collin, but I’ll be sure to send him a postcard.

Back in those first days Collin’s the first guy you’ll see opening the roller doors to borrow some tools. Jon, a fellow Filo in the class was the one getting me to list down what to bring for the task at hand. Now when you look at the closed doors and silence made you appreciate the trade of being a mechanic.



Collin suggests once back then I should take his place and it was hilarious of him. I really enjoy his company and I even dubbed him the “Fairy Godfather of Tools” the jolly guy as he is. Sherwin, another classmate of mine says he sounded like the narrator from SpongeBob SquarePants and it was really funny to remember that I can no longer un-hear Collin’s voice.

There we are about to go after closing the parts room and before that I just had to get a ‘selfie’ without Collin around. But it sure was a good run around this parts now off to Armada Arndale to catch the next bus back to Adelaide and then to the Marion suburbs as another weekend wraps up here in South Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment