Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year Away From Manila.

01.01.2011 - Bright morning was quite welcoming, but the truth of the matter is that it was raining when midnight struck twelve. I went back to the house from Grandma's crib, where we celebrated the New Year. It is the first time to spend the New Year not in Metro Manila. Perhaps, these might be some of the firsts to expereince it soemwhere else.

Taking care of nine-year-old Filpino-Norwegian cousin while being caught in this rain season is something else, which losing balance in the mud and gain a huge scratch on my foot. Of course, spending it in the privince where the roads are not 100% concrete with most of the rough road is insane. But that's kind of life around going back to this small town that hardly seen in the map.

Jump after the cut...


The day was filled with an adventure, starting with a six-hour butt-cracking road trip in the morning yesterday. I haven't been here in eight years due to limited vacation leaves in the call center industry. Now this is what vacations are made of, which is a good one for more than as week of spending in this place.

The road going here is not enitrely that bad anymore compared to last time I traveled in this place eight years ago. It was quite a smoother ride, save that the driver should be a good drift racer. He was trying to make the van swerve like a sports car, and I was half frozen sitting in the middle of the air conditioner. Internet and text messaging are super limited as my current carrier coudln't event be as clear as you'd hope it to be. I have to get out of the house just to get a clear reception. I already have a backup sim card from another carrier, but that one is giving mea full bar inside the house.







I just need to load it as I'm running only via text messaging service to all networks. The other not-so-good part is the weather, which is inconsistent in the early evening.

The rest is good, like my bed which is an air mattress that runs out of air during most part of the day without using it. I can't occupy the other room we have visitors that has taken refuge with young cousin. So far what occupies me is the regular Toy Photography shoots, and the baking of those cookies.

The roast pig for lunch tomorrow looks promising, and neighbors will be around for it too. I had my fill yesterday when we arrived from that long road trip. Iy looks like letchon (roast pig) will be common here for the rest of the week.



Good thing I brought some of my gear to keep me company for the rest of the night just like back in Manila.

For now, there are a few more days before heading back to Davao City, and this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment