Monday, February 7, 2011

Random Snaps: Sunday Outdoor Snaps!

02.07.2011 - Yesterday morning I get to test drive the Canon EOS 60D outdoors using a different kit lens 18-55mm, which came with my sister's Canon EOS Kiss X4 or outside Japan known as the Canon 550D.

So I kind of swapped the default lens kit that's much heavier 18-135mm for this smaller and compact lens.

The other night it was already a workout carrying the lens that came with this camera, which still getting used to it has more gain than the 18-55mm, but for this morning's walk, I had to take the smaller one.



This time around it's a bit lighter for a Sunday Snap Walk at the bay area starting at 1 Esplanade at 6 AM, where the dawn is about to break.

I'm still sluggish with the controls trying to get familiar with the settings, but for now, I let it set for "P" for Program mode. It's different now that I don't carry a camera with one hand, but still have the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS as a backup just for quick shots.

Forgive me for the blurry photos, but this is just trial test snaps. With less than eight hours of sleep who would be this sluggish?


For now, see the image captured...




















Lastly, with all the walking and captuirng random images I tried a smaller subject that I don't rarely use in my previous photograph subjects. Smaller toys are challenging, and yet nobody notice the details on the characters faces or that imperfect paintjob. It's surreal to be curious and exited when you're using a highend camera that has enough power to give you that image, and this is what the subject in focus that was captured this morning.



Leaving one alternate shot of the Volkswagen Concept 1 Beetle Convertible by Matchbox manufactured Mattel, which I'm still learning and taking time with Toy Photography regardless of which camera I use with every shot is a process to gaining more knowledge. This one was certainly experimental using the Canon EOS 60D with this subject is something of a challenge since getting used to smaller cameras was the default device. There's more room to get used to it, for now, this shot will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment