Monday, January 10, 2011

The First Imperfect Panorama Toy Photography!

01.10.2011 - There are many versions, concepts, and imaginations done in Toy Photography. From my perspective, I try to make them into artwork using a camera rather than a pencil or paintbrush for most talented artists out there.

The concept can be indoors or outdoors capturing one image with toys as the subject of its narrative that you put together from your imagination that could mean a lot of expressions.

I've been doing Toy Photography since 2007 and have been pushing the envelope of coming up with new ideas that some might have done way better than I could have first thought about.



Thanks in part to my good friend Mach "Diesel" Manuel who inspired me to realize this idea of how something I've been doing (namely photography) since I was nine would be a potential for being artistic to use this medium.

Mach has been doing Toy Photography long before I had thought about it. If I can recall he used to do stop-motion animation too back in 2001. Talk about dedication, passion, and originality he deserves more than a pat on the back. But what got me inspired the most is Brian McCarthy, a photographer who is slowly gaining popularity with this medium, his toy subjects are art toys that are also getting attention in the toy collecting world.

Honestly, nobody does it like Mach Diesel or Brian McCarthy if you add these guys to the list of inspiring photographers, that also includes people who started to pick up this interest that may change the culture of photography not that a hippotamus can drown in the mud metaphorically speaking.

I've done 365 Days of Toy Photography, although not all of them are good I just try to put up what I can randomly, and most of it was outdoors without any effects or renders from any photo editing software. Do you think I have a well-rounded resume because I didn't use a D-SLR to capture them?

Truthfully, I only joined one Toy Photography contest, which is fairly odd and confusing with the rules. Because I don't aim to be noticed regarding what I do. The challenge that Mach had was pure fun, which there what lies in the passion we strive to do for ourselves. It's not about being noticed or being famous, because we don't need it and some dinosaur would just be choking right now if one needed.

For some time after doing a lot of Toy Photography, you just get down and be lazy. But that doesn't stop me from creating or re-inventing things that have been done. So far I have seen it all and I'm ready for the next level.

So far the D-SLR camera I've been wanting has to wait, and would stick to my skills in using a point-and-shoot.

Besides using a p&s camera is a dying art for those, who want to ride the hype of using a D-SLR camera for more precision photography. As they say, the eye is the one that captures the perspective and the camera is just the extension of what we see.

Yeah. You can say that if you're a natural, and I've been doing photography to admit without proper training.

It takes a long time to have what it takes to have a good perspective, and if you want to venture into this hobby you have to start small. Then work your way up with the necessary skills you have applied.

So without further adieu, I present you my imperfection on one experiment, whether you want to laugh about it or not...



Take it to the next level? It's imperfect but surely it will be a challenge. But you've seen it first here and that's how your cookie hype crumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment