Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goes Down South: Market Snap Shots.

12.30.2010 - Mornings in the south is not like Manila. Pretty much it's normal sleeping hours after yesterday's adventure is quite a downtime. Basically, we headed to do some shopping at the market the following day somewhere I'm not familiar with the places.

I've been to the city three times in the last 10 years, and I didn't go to be a little bit helpful carrying frozen dead meats.

Jump after the cut...

I'm still lacking sleep and would like to retire back to bed but I really have to move. Traveling from the suburbs via multi-cab (the Jeepney version of Davao City) twice is no cool breeze joke. Pretty much traffic here is not bad compared to the Philippines' Central Business District.

Upon arrival at the wet market, we proceed to shop. I'm missing the "normal" routine that I got accustomed to doing, but this time around I just need something to do differently. After going through stalls carrying a lot of vegetables and meat I felt this "exercise" was good for getting up as early as 5 AM. Right now I'm just at home trying to figure out what to do next aside from updating this. I kind of wish I was in another country aside from going down south.











Tomorrow will be different and far more challenging, as we disembark to the farther side of the south. Back to the last place I went to eight years ago, and it's a six-hour butt-cracking road trip. Internet there might be remote and tough to connect.

Probably this is going to be my last entry for the meantime until I come back to the city sometime in the first week of January 2011.

To everyone who follows this blog I greet you all Seasons Greetings 2011 and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment