Friday, September 3, 2010

Roca & Kitchie Good Friends For Life.

09.03.2010 - These days music choices depends on what's popular and trending that you hear on the radio or see it on television. Sometimes it is also through the internet particularly on YouTube as most of the artists who produce music upload their videos nowadays. There are also artists you've been following since, and unexpectedly become part of your life, which brings you to the two people I can say have been friends.

It has been more than a year since Kitchie Nadal and Roca Cruz ventured globally starting in Europe, Middle East, and the United States. It's hard to keep track of them if you've become a part of their lives. Mostly with Roca that I hang out and was good company...


If there is any mentor or manager or even a friend since Kitchie Nadal's early years as a solo artist that person is Roca. You'll feel that Batman won't be around for Robin. It sounded like a corny metaphor, but there's some truth to it. A basic analogy on how I see them together is good friends than the later explanation to comicbook characters. For most of the time between 2008 to 2009 I was present at Kitchie's regular gigs, but just regularly hanging out at her brother's restaurant after work. You'll never expect anything like just becoming part of their 'normal' lives outside the gigs in a weird way of seeing things as they have inspired me in some way interacting with them.

Somewhere out there individuals who have listened to Kitchie's music are fans like me, and I'm still just a fan of her music, but things changed because interacting with Roca and Kitchie on a daily basis evolves. They are polite and welcoming as the way Roca is with any random person who walks into the restaurant I go to after office hours. Unexpected things happen and I'm not privy to their personal lives, and it's surprising to hear the news that Roca is somewhere in Canada. I'm surprised that Kitchie's back in Manila.


Kitchie's back and it's strange Roca is not with her. Though as they say "The only thing that is permanent... Is change." as she won't be back until two years from now.

I miss already the bonding at the old Tapa's restaurant a business formerly owned by Kitchie's brother. It's been a while since I contacted the people who became Kitchie's friends. Many things have changed since she was gone for more than a year.

For now, talkin' to Roca won't be that difficult as I get to chat with her online. Probably I might be the one who will be able to go visit her there in Canada someday since a relative of mine resides in that country.

It's great to hear from Roca again, but life here won't be the same without her around Kitchie. Though I'm glad to have met Roca, one of my close friends, not her manager.

Thank you Roca for being there hoping you reading this. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment