Monday, January 28, 2019

Getting Lost in the LEGO® Store

01.28.2019 – There’s a rare occurrence to end up in a LEGO® store on a Sunday because nothing much is happening. But it was quite a trip to be back here again at the Park Triangle Store. For those unaware this is rarely a visited shop among the five that was established in Metro Manila. It’s not usual to be here as I’ve visited this place less than a handful of times.

It so just happens that the Build-A-Minifigure caught up the interest and part of the store’s identity aside for the Pick-A-Brick that keeps AFOLs from coming back. Well, depending on what parts and accessories that might be useful enough to be used as a prop for those photography projects in the pipeline. If you happen not to get pass by this was one of those rare days…


It was quite late afternoon that I’ve decided to take a trip to BGC ion Taguig and decided to pop in the LEGO® Certified Store towards the end of January. I’ve never thought of going to this store since the last sometimes in early 2016. These days the store looks empty while the staffs are either having short chit chats while I browse on those displays.

I’ve noticed there’s no new LEGO® sets for 2019 as usually by the end of December 2018 there should be some appearing on the shelves. But I wasn’t that much paying attention when your mind was so occupied with Build-A-Minifigure section with those selective random parts that got me choosing the ones I need for the parts build. Lately, a friend I met during last year’s Brickalaide gave an idea about the discontinued Legends of Chima theme was the dark apocalyptic future of the early LEGO® theme called Fabuland from the late 1970s to early 1980s.















Recently, I came across these LEGO® Legends of Chima battle packs that consists of three minifigures from specific animal tribes that went on clearance. The next thing I can recall is I’ve already have like four or five animal tribes. Fairly enough that would be just where the idea ended until I was already digging in some accessories at this LEGO® store.

The first thing I noticed lately as most of the LEGO® sets are on discount since as early as sometime in September 2018. Inside this shop the Star Wars buildable figures the ones that stand at 11 to 12 inches tall are on a discount same with the Arctic Explorers and those Superhero Girls.





There’s fair amount of sets that caught my attention, but right now having put together three more minifigures was done and it was a little bit late in the evening that I got it done. By the time I was paying for it at the cashier people started coming in to the shop. But I got what I need and it’s all good to have those pieces though I was holding myself off from too much excitement. By the times I got home reused the bodies with the animal heads from the Legends of Chima battle pack and I guess it needs more tweaking to have some of the animal crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment