Monday, September 28, 2020

Where is Majorette | Photo Contest Winner

The past weekend was just the usual idle from what’s currently happening at the start of March 2020. It has been months since things starting to ease restrictions for everyone to go out and buy their essentials. It’s been also a long time to getting around the city, and find something to do like taking street photos in the area.

Last Friday a surprising mail was delivered by the courier, and it was announced earlier this month that I was one of the three people chosen by Majorette Philippines as the winner for their “Where is Majorette” campaign that was announced a few weeks back, and it has been a while since I won something again. Well. It was actually been years since I did won something and this was good.


Majorette Philippines’ “Where is Majorette” campaign re-introduces the brand to the local scene dominated by other well-known brands. I started collecting Majorette cars, because I was looking for a specific model that were not produced by the top two diecast brands. I’ve been fond of the Volkswagen Amarok the moment I saw it around Adelaide, and in the streets in most suburbs I’ve been.

There was a Majorette version of the VW Amarok, but it wasn’t released in most countries including the Philippines as the real life mid-size truck is only sold in Europe, South America, and Australia to name a few places you might see it on the road. When I was looking for the diecast model I tried to look for it when I got back here in Manila, but turns out it was an older assortment released the previous years, and end up buying a Renault Kangoo with a DHL Express livery since I have another diecast that have it.



Fast forward to this year I’ve actually acquired quite a few Majorette diecast vehicles, which I was able to use for my Toy Photography during the announcement of the contest. I was not expecting to win it, but I noticed from those who consistently tagged and used the hashtag: #WhereIsMajorette I was confident that I may be part of the winning team for the campaign.

By the 3rd of September the Majorette Philippines account on Instagram has announced the winners, and like anyone struggling this year everyone needs a win that felt humbling and thankful to Europlay, the sub-distributor for Majorette. I’ve been out when it arrived at the house and I was not expecting anything out of this contest only the acknowledgement that I was one of the three people to win it.

The Majorette branding was evident on the brown paper bag, and in that they have red fillers to hide the contents of the prize. There are neat stuff like Dickie Toys stickers, keychains, and a Majorette notepad with pencil. But the one that they have given to the winners is the premium 911 Porsche Carrera S (Retailed at: ₱ 399.75 Pesos | $10.65 AUD | $ 7.65 USD ) and a random 5-pack from the past assortment.



Thank you to Majorette Philippines for making this campaign, and they should continue to have these types of contest not only for the adult collectors, but also younger kids with their parents involve. It was a fun challenge for those who were consistently posting their Majorette cars not just ‘sharing a collection’ but telling their stories through the vehicles they used for their toy photography.

This type of contest can encourage anyone to get into toy photography at the same time find their interest in collecting Majorette vehicles and their other assortments, which is a great campaign for the brand.

Majorette vehicles and other assortments are exclusively available at all Toy Kingdom stores and it is distributed by Europlay Distributor Co. Inc. in the Philippines, which is a sub-brand distributor for Richwell Trading Corporation. For more about Majorette follow them on social media via Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment